AER Most Youth Friendly European Region Award 2011: Social Inclusion of Youth with Disabilities
The Jury awarded the MYFER 2011 Award to the Region of Catalunya (E). The 2011 Special Prize was attributed to the Region of Lower Silesia (PL). The AER would like to thank sincerely all participating regions for their valuable contribution to this very important and relevant project.
The official Award Ceremony took place during the AER General Assembly 2011, on 25 November 2011, in Ponta Delgada, Açores (P):
Ms Carmela Fortuny, Director of the Institute of Assistance and Social Services of Catalunya (E) and Mr Rafal Jurkowlaniec, Marshal of the Region of Lower Silesia (PL) receive the Award from Ms Michèle Sabban, President of the AER and Ms Daniela Koller from St. Gällen Youth Council (CH), member of the youth pre-selection committee.
- Vrancea (RO)
International Jury Members
- Mr Adam Kosa, President of the European Parliament Intergroup on Disabilities
- Mr Dieter-Lebrecht Koch, Bureau Member of the European Parliament Intergroup on Disabilities
- Mr Johan Ten Geuzendam, Head of Unit at the European Commission Justice DG, Rights for people with disabilities
- Ms Irena Kowalczyk, Deputy Head of Division at the Council of Europe Social Policy and Inclusion Division
- Ms Aurelie Baranger, Member of the European Disability Forum Youth Committee and Director of the Autism Europe
Further information on AER MYFER Award
Who can apply?
Regional authorities and other organisations that cooperate with the regional authorities from:
- AER member regions;
- AER non-member regions from the Council of Europe member states or from member states outside the Council of Europe which respect the basic fundamental principles of the Council of Europe.
What kind of projects can be submitted?
The AER Most Youth Friendly European Region Award 2011 will be awarded to regions that through their policies or projects contributed to increasing the social inclusion of youth with disabilities.
Where are Europe's most youth friendly regions?
Why should you enter the competition?
The AER MYFER Award is an excellent tool for regions to gain visibilty on the European stage. The winning region(s) will be given a European platform to promote their best practices in the field of social inclusion of youth with disabilities.
How can you participate?
Please read the information brochure, download the application form and fill in the relevant sections. The deadline to submit your applications is 31 July 2011.
Information brochure 2011
Application form and annexes should be sent to:
Assembly of European Regions, 6 rue Oberlin, F-67000 Strasbourg
j.hejman(at)aer.eu, tel/fax: +33 388 74 46
Would you like to know more?
The award is organised by the AER Culture, Education, Youth, International Cooperation Committee. For any assistance please contact Justyna Hejman (j.hejman(at)aer.eu, tel/fax: +33 388 22 74 46).
| Über die VRE
| Mitglieder und Partner
Versammlung der Regionen Europas - 6 Rue Oberlin - F-67000 Strasbourg / 210 Avenue Louise - B-1050 Bruxelles
Alle Rechte vorbehalten © Versammlung der Regionen Europas (VRE) 1999-2012 (Siehe rechtliche Informationen
Entwicklung CMS Typo3 Ameos
und VRE - webmaster(at)aer.eu